In the Market for a New Kitchen Sink and Faucet?
Nothing lasts forever, especially not the kitchen sink and faucet. Typically, kitchen faucets can last 1-3 years for a lower grade faucet, middle grade is around 5-10 years, and on the higher cost of things, it can last 10+ years. Other factors include the quality of the product, if the faucet was correctly installed and how hard your water is.
Signs You Need a Replacement
You know that repetitive dripping sound from the faucet. Of course, it’s not anything a homeowner wants to hear. Though a faucet could leak for many reasons, a new faucet may be needed if it tends to drip not long after you fix it.
So, how do you know when it’s time to replace your kitchen faucet? Here is a list of things to consider.
- Worn-out cartridges
- Scratched/ chips in porcelain
- Age of faucet
- Visible Mineral deposit
- Major leaks despite repair attempts
- Not functioning properly
- Major rust issues
Sizing Your Kitchen Sink and Faucet
Grab the measuring tape measure because it’s time to get some measurements. Now, it’s usually easier to find a faucet that works in your kitchen than it would be to rebuild a kitchen to accommodate the faucet you choose. We all know home improvements come with the need to make educated decisions. It is essential to have a general idea of what you want the finished sink area to look like and the tasks it will be used for.
Certainly, you should know how wide and deep the basin is, especially compared to the size of plates, pots, and pans you plan to wash in the sink.
Any faucet you buy must have a high enough spout for these chores and others and a low enough placement to avoid excess splashing that will make a mess outside the sink.
Similarly, if you are looking at a deck-mounted faucet, know how much room is available behind the sink to install the faucet.
A wall-mounted faucet needs to be placed with the spout extending over the center of the sink, which requires considering the space between the interior edge of the sink and the wall.
Therefore, to keep track of considerations, you will compare the sink measurements to the size of the faucets as you narrow down the selection.
It’s no surprise that the kitchen faucet is one of the room’s most well-used items, but what might be news to you is how many improvements have been made to this simple fixture. Clearly, it’s a good idea to explore the different styles, finishes, and features when selecting a new faucet.
Take a mental note or write down the styles and colors you want to emphasize in your kitchen, as well as the size of your sink and countertop to compare as you consider a new faucet. Indeed, the right design will look great for years and add to the value of your home – all while meeting the busy demands of your kitchen.
Take a look at all of your options, and then bring home the best fit for you. Flow Pros Plumbing would take pleasure in helping with your installation.
The most important part about choosing a new faucet is that you are happy with the latest addition to your kitchen after the installation is complete.
Types of Kitchen Sink and Faucet Combos
Pull Down Faucet
Kohler K-596is an innovative fit for various kitchens and tasks, and this kitchen faucet combines an elegant design with exceptional functionality. WIth expert design in mind, the high-arch swing spout rotates 360 degrees while the smoothly maneuvered spray head pulls down into the sink for up-close chores or out of the sink to fill up flower pots or mop buckets.
Sculpted buttons on the spray head guarantee simple operation even with slippery hands. A sweep spray creates a wide, forceful blade of water for superior cleaning. Kohler’s new docking system secures the pull-down spray head to the spout using a magnet. Below are additional features of the Kohler K-596.
- It is covered under Kohler’s limited lifetime warranty.
- The faucet body is constructed of metal.
- Single hole mounting type is available.
- Deck-mounted faucet installs directly to your sink or countertop.
- Pull-down sprays with three spray functions.
- “ProMotion” is a braided hose with a swiveling ball joint. This kind of faucet won’t kink or tangle and will provide easy-to-use functionality.
- A single lever handle controls the flow and temperature of the water.
- Includes ceramic disc cartridge.
- ADA compliant
- Low lead compliant
- Made in America
Delta Antoni 18803 is everything you need in one box. Proudly, this faucet features “Diamond Seal” technology which reduces leak points and can make your faucet last twice as long. Delta Antoni is designed with a gooseneck swivel that allows 360 degrees of motion. Below you can find additional information and features.
- Delta kitchen faucet includes Delta’s Lifetime Limited Warranty
- MagnaTite Docking uses a magnet to snap your faucet spray wand precisely into place.
- Spray wand stays docked when not in use and doesn’t droop over time
- Fits one or 3-hole installations with included optional 10-3/4 in. deck plate
- ADA compliant
- 20-in. retractable hose for added convenience
- Two-function wand with aerated stream or spray
Delta Essa 9113T is a Touch2O® Technology faucet, so when your hands are full or dirty from cooking in the kitchen, this touchless faucet has you covered. You can start or stop water flow from your faucet with a simple bump anywhere on the spout or handle using your wrist or arm.
Your faucet handle easily sets the temperature and flow rate for simple operation, designed to make everyday kitchen tasks a little easier. With built-in Delta TempSense™, a LED light at the base of the faucet indicates the temperature of the water, eliminating any possible discomfort. Below you can find some of the best features of this faucet.
- Delta Electronic Faucet Limited Warranty
- Insulated pullout spray faucet head
- Spout swivels 360°
- High-arch gooseneck spout further allows for unobstructed sink access
- Automatic water flow shut-off after four minutes if the water is left running
- Battery operated (6 A.A. included) for up to 2 years battery life
- TempSense Technology LED light indicates water temperature change
- ADA compliant
- Voice-IQ compatible
Pull Out Faucets
Kohler Coralais offers quality and style; this Coralais single-handle sink faucet brings a sleek design to the kitchen. The contoured lever handle provides easy control of water temperature and pressure. At the same time, the color-matched pullout spray head offers flexibility for various cleaning tasks. With just the touch of a button, the spray head switches from an aerated stream to a powerful spray.
- Covered by Kohler’s faucet lifetime limited warranty.
- Kohler finishes are guaranteed to resist corrosion and tarnishing.
- The pullout spray faucet head offers additional versatility.
- Designed to install easily with standard U.S. plumbing connections.
- All hardware needed for installation is included.
- MasterClean: Translucent spray nozzles prohibit mineral build-up for easy cleaning.
- 1 Hole required for faucet installation.
- 1 Handle is included with the faucet.
- ADA compliant.
- Low lead compliant – meeting federal and state regulations for lead content.
Ready To Replace Your New Kitchen Sink and Faucet?
If you are ready to replace your kitchen sink and faucet because of constant leaks or porcelain cracks, or you are just looking for an update, reach out to Flow Pros Plumbing to assist you with all your plumbing needs. Contact our expert team today!