Congratulations! You are finally getting to remodel your master bathroom. There are so many choices and fun decisions to make. And, if you are remodeling your master bathroom, it may have occurred to you to add a bidet, like many high-end homes have today. You see, In European bathrooms, the bidet is a regular fixture. They were first installed for French royalty around the early 1700s. And then, the bidet quickly caught on. Now, Americans are adding a bidet to master bathrooms as well.
When making your choice, you should be aware there are a few different models to choose from. Learning more about bidets will help you decide if you want to go to additional costs and efforts.
Then, if you are considering installation, you will need plumbing and carpentry skills. But the good news is you can call on your local plumbing company to do the job for you.
Flow Pros Plumbing is your local plumber for Pinellas and Hillsborough counties. If you want to install a bidet toilet, give us a call to get it done right the first time. In the meantime, there are a few things you may want to learn about the bidet.
Reasons You May Want to Add a Bidet
When Flow Pros is called in to do the plumbing on a bathroom remodel, we always want to provide the client with just what they want. That said, there are excellent reasons to want to add a bidet. And then there are other reasons you may not be able to add a bidet to your bathroom remodel.
Here are the reasons some of our clients choose to add a bidet.
- It is better for your plumbing systems. – Flushing toilet paper can be a hazard to the environment. And older homes may have trouble with the pipes. Minimize the risk of toilet clogs and septic tank issues when you add a bidet.
- Save toilet paper with a bidet. – You may not stop using toilet paper altogether. Still, when you have a bidet, you may use significantly less than the average home. And for some, that is reason enough. Not to bring it up, but remember the TP shortage of 2020?
- You may save water too. – Save water with an appliance that uses water? This is a real shocker, but it may be true. A bidet uses a fraction of the amount of water used when you flush an average toilet. And if you have older plumbing, the savings may be even more significant.
- Bidets save you money day today. – When you save both on toilet paper and water, the savings is good for the environment and your “bottom line” -pun intended. When you add a bidet, you can be cleaner, create less waste and save money too.
- The bidets of today are versatile. – Whether you have the space you think you need or not, they come in a variety. Hence, almost any master bathroom remodel can accommodate a bidet. And, they even come in stylish choices and as virtual works of art for your luxurious master bathroom remodel.
- They are not that expensive. – Believe it or not, bidets are not. Your local plumber can show you the options and go over prices before you choose.
- Bidets can have heated seats too. – Enough said, right?
- You get a cleaner experience when you add a bidet. – The truth is, when your nether regions are gently washed with water, you get a more hygienic clean.
- Some models come with upgrades. – They may have adjustable wands, intensity, temperature, and even steady or vacillating wash modes. Want safety and ambient light? They offer those too. And you can even get them with fans for deodorization as well as pre-bowl sprays.
Fun Fact: Americans go through more than 36 million rolls each year. That equates to millions of trees.
Requirements for a Installation
Granted, they may look like a toilet, but bidets have different requirements for installation. You see, there are several things to consider when choosing to add a bidet toilet. Here are the attributes we think you should be aware of before calling Flow Pros for installation.
1. Do you have the space to add a bidet? When remodeling a bathroom, you need to plan out the toilet, counters, and room for a bidet. And it will require an area similar to the toilet, around 30 inches in width and 4 feet in depth.
2. Do you know the plumbing requirements for the bidet? Your bidet will require hot and cold water valves and a “vacuum breaker.” A vacuum breaker prevents water from being siphoned back into the water supply. Not to mention, a trap must be installed below the floor, as most bidets do not have an internal trap to prevent sewer gas from leaking in. And the drainpipe is a different size than for a toilet.
3. Are you good at carpentry? You may need to do some behind the wall or in the floor work, and carpentry skills regarding plumbing are an excellent idea to have.
Suppose you do not have the plumbing or carpentry skills needed to complete the job yourself. That is when it would be best to contact Flow Pros Plumbing in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties for your bidet toilet installation.
Installing Your Bidet Toilet
So, you have decided you like the benefits listed above, and you have the room to add a bidet. The next step is to have it built into the plans for your new master bathroom remodel. Flow Pros Plumbing can help you get it installed in no time. But you are not done with the choices yet. There are three main types to be considered.
- Wall-Mounted Bidets
- Floor Mounted Bidets
- Bidet Seats
The good news here is that you don’t need to know the details for all that. Flow Pros is well aware of the requirements and will take care of it all for you.
Need a Repair?
There are small parts inside the bidet that wear out with hard water and repeated use. These are minor repairs that can be completed in an afternoon and are relatively inexpensive. Therefore, if you see any of the following issues, call to speak with a representative from Flow Pros Plumbing and ask them for the next step.
Here are some of the common repairs we see with bidets.
- Are there leaks near the base of the bidet toilet?
- What about the wall connection? Are there leaks there?
- Does your bidet toilet run all day long?
If your bidet is old and needs many parts replaced, it may cost less to get a new one. Your plumber can let you know which way is best for your situation.
Flow Pros Will Install a Bidet in Your Master Bathroom Remodel
If you have a plumbing emergency, you can count on the staff at Flow Pros to get you scheduled and a plumber to your home as soon as possible. With exceptional 24-hour service, you can’t go wrong calling on our plumbers.
Flow Pros provides bidet toilet installation and repair and all other plumbing services for the Tampa Bay Area. With Flow Pros, you get:
- Fair Pricing
- Easy Appointment Scheduling
- On-Time Plumbers
- Polite and Experienced Technicians.
Place your trust in the friendly professionals at Flow Pros Plumbing for a bidet installation and so much more.