Did you know that the average household wastes a lot of water due to leaks in their plumbing? And often, the leak is somewhere they cannot necessarily detect the leak. Therein lies the issue with saving money on your plumbing. If you are unaware that you have a problem, how would you know to have it repaired?
Believe it or not, there are signs you have a leak right under your nose or under your sink anyhow. You see, specific plumbing problems can lead to costly repairs, and no one wants that, right? That is why the experts at Flow Pros have put together this article. We want to help save you money on your plumbing while also providing you and your household with excellent plumbing services.
Keep reading to learn more on how to save your household money when it comes to plumbing.
Signs You Have A Leak
There are plenty of signs you have a leak somewhere if you know what to look for. You see, faulty piping can occur from water heater malfunction, aging pipes, and roots interfering with plumbing lines. And some pipes are stronger than others depending on the age and the materials of the pipes.
If you notice any of the below issues, please do yourself a favor and call your local plumber right away. That way, you can catch the problem before more damage is done.
- Any leak, no matter the size, is worth investigating. If you have a leaky faucet, never put that repair off. That leak can cause additional issues you won’t want to deal with.
- Pooling water on your lawn may indicate a water main line break or a sprinkler system malfunction.
- Water stains appearing on the walls, ceilings, or floors are terrible news. That may mean an HVAC leak, a plumbing leak in the walls, or a roof leak.
- Discolored, foul-smelling, or strange tasting water is a significant indication of a pipe intrusion. You never want to be drinking dirty water.
- Fluctuating water pressure in one or all the faucets can mean there is a clog or an intrusion somewhere. These problems only get bigger when put off.
- Puddles under sinks and a more evident clue to a sink or pipe leak. Always check under there when cleaning the home.
- Sudden or steady gradual increasing water bills mean a small leak is growing steadily and becoming more and more extensive to repair.
- Hissing, running water sounds in the walls, or clanking pipes can be a major plumbing issue. Call for help right away.
Actions to Take for Saving Money Each Month
There are plenty of helpful ideas you can use to help you save money each month. Flow Pros Plumbing has put together a list of environmentally conscious ways to help save money on your plumbing and water bill. Here is what we found.
- Install low-flow and energy-efficient plumbing fixtures.
- If you see a sudden spike in your water bill, with no apparent reason for that spike, call a plumber. It is essential to repair or replace those leading water lines as soon as you see the leak. What looks like a tiny drip can really be a much larger issue when a plumber goes to inspect. Trust us, you do not want a pipe to burst into your walls.
- When you hear gurgling or a constant running from your toilet, check to be sure something in the tank is not simply stuck. If that doesn’t work, call for a plumber to come out and fix it.
- Shorten those showers. The average shower takes over 17 gallons of water; that is a lot of water. Then if you take an extra-long shower every day of the week that ends with a “y,” you are using a ton more. So, make a long shower or a luxurious bath soak a treat rather than the norm.
- Don’t overwater your lawn. A professional lawn company can help you decide your lawn needs. Or you can learn when and how you can water your lawn, consult the Water Department in your area. In the summertime, the morning hours are best for watering. Not to mention, standing water encourages mosquitos and other insects, snakes, and vermin. And too much water will cause brown spots and root rot on your grass.
- Only run full loads of laundry in the washer. This saves money as well as wear and tear on your washing machine.
- Instead of washing one dish at a time with running water, try filling your sink with hot water and soap. Then you can clean each plate and rinse them all together, saving a lot of water.
- As for the dishwasher, the same is true for the laundry. Try your best to run the dishwasher only with a full load. And use the light load setting if your load is not as heavy or dirty.
- Don’t run the water while brushing your teeth.
- Never use the toilet as a trash can. Only human waste and toilet paper go down that drain.
- Check the settings on your hot water heater. Keep the water temperature set at no higher than 120 degrees.
- Clean your home drains annually or have your plumber come out to clean them all at once.
Benefits of a Plumbing Service Agreement
Identifying minor issues before they become big problems is the number one reason to obtain a service agreement with a local plumbing company.
- A small leak may have an underlying gusher you can’t see. That is where the professionals come in, saving you time and money.
- Additionally, service agreements allow for preferential service scheduling in emergencies and maintenance scheduling. Bumping regulars to the front of the list is how the plumbing companies show their appreciation for customer loyalty.
- Did you know many premier plumbing companies will offer discounts on parts and labor to their service agreement members? It is just another way the service agreement saves you money.
- Having your own plumbing company provides you with a familiar routine and often the same technician for years. The detailed records they keep will stay in your file, helping the plumbers keep track of former repairs and needed services. They will know your plumbing like you know your home.
That is how a service agreement with a premier plumbing company like Flow Pros Plumbing takes your plumbing headaches away. Let the professional technicians at Flow Pros handle all your plumbing needs on time by investing in a service agreement.
Call today for a free no-obligation consultation to discuss your service agreement set up and first maintenance appointment.
Schedule your appointment now with Flow Pros.
Saving Money on Your Plumbing with Flow Pros
As you may know, there are several reasons your plumbing can have problems. After all, we use it all day in almost everything we do. That is why it is imperative to have a plumber you can trust and a service agreement you can count on.
We don’t doubt your ability to DIY just about anything, but let’s face it, plumbing has some particularly special needs. When you hire us, you know the job will be done right! Your home deserves the absolute best care, and we know we can deliver the attention your house needs.
And after all, our number one goal is your satisfaction with our work in addition to saving money for you.
Hire a professional plumber today by contacting Flow Pros for all your plumbing needs.